As with every year, the old committee will all stand down and a new one will be elected. The 2014 Committee would encourage all members to consider volunteering time to help run the club.
What does the committee do?
- Sends out doodles, update the website, make Facebook posts
- Chooses bars and make large group bookings for social nights
- Liaises with other clubs like Zug to organise regular Saturday games
- Finds and book venues for netball games, and deal with organisational logistics
- Organises umpiring or fitness courses
- Answers emails from potential new members and welcome them to the club
- Chooses teams for leagues or tournaments
If you think you can do any of those tasks, you would make a great committee member!
Additionally, if you:
- Can speak or write decent German and don’t mind phoning people
- Have ideas about how to develop the club in the long term
- In general have excellent organisational skills
you would be a great addition to the team.
You don’t have to sign your life away – most tasks on the list need to be done regularly but don’t take up more than a few hours a month. If you think you don’t have time all year round, but could volunteer to organise one specific activity, you can let us know that too, and what you’d like to do with the support of the rest of the committee. The more people that get involved, the more opportunities the club will have to develop.
Over the last year, we met around once every 4 – 6 weeks and took it in turns to make dinner for each other – all of us have had a lot of fun (and wine) in the process.
If you would like to be on the committee or would like to nominate another member, please let us know in advance of the AGM, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2014 committee is Anna, Sophie, Clare, Claudia, Lara and Afke. Feel free to ask us anything at training if you’ve been thinking about it.