It’s Netball World Cup time! Want to join some friendly expats watching the world’s best battle it out on court?
Zurich Netball Club is excited to invite you to watch the 2 final matches of this thrilling competition with us.
When: From 3pm Sunday 21st July
Where: Kennedy’s Irish Pub, Freischützgasse 14, 8004 Zürich (map)
See you there!
Last month, Zürich Netball Club competed in the Berlin Netball Tournament. The competition was strong with teams from Berlin, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Brussels and Hamburg. After a tough day of matches, Zürich came 3rd out of 9! In addition, Zürich Netball Club were awarded “Friendliest Team”.
Well done ladies, we’re very proud of you, and looking very sharp in the bright pink tops.
The next tournament we are preparing for is Amsterdam in October! On the weekend of the 12th, there is expected to be 18 teams competing from all around Europe. Only a couple of months away, time to start training! Please reach out to the Zurich Netball Committee if you are interested in attending.
Due to the recent heatwave, we’ve had to replace our last couple of Wednesday night training sessions with Swim & Gin sessions. For the rest of July, we expect to be back on the court, though due to summer holidays, low attendance may move us back to the lake! Keep an eye on your inbox for updates.
The sun is out and we’re jumping for joy because Summer is here, meaning we can finally play outside!
Come join Zurich Netball Club for some outside training and matches in the beautfiul summer sun every Wednesday evening in June. Contact the committee for details.
We may also be running another Lion’s League over the summer, as well as a few Swim & Gin sessions at the lake. Stay tuned for more info!
Welcome to May Madness!!!! The aim of the game is to attend as many training sessions in May as possible.
Attendance will be monitored for the next 4 weeks and Gold Stars will be awarded on a weekly basis!
If you manage to get to enough of the 4 training sessions, you will obviously have lots of shiny Gold Stars (yay!) and will have earned yourself a free beer at the end of the month drinks on the 29th May.
May Madness is open to everyone, from long-time members to newbies alike. Any questions, please reach out to the ZNC Committee. Happy Gold Star Collecting!
In April, 10 Zurich players visited Copenhagen, to join their Netball Tournament celebrating their 10 years as a club.
We spent Saturday on the netball courts playing against teams from all over Europe, including Stockholm, Amsterdam, Paris and Hamburg. It was a fantastic day, lots of fun, and a great netball experience for our girls. Though we only won a few games, the scorelines were always close. It was lovely to meet, greet and play against like-minded netball lovers from across the continent.
Saturday night we joined all the teams for a delicious meal and went on to celebrate further at a local cocktail bar, where each player was given an award for a personal feat they achieved during the competition.
On Sunday we explored the beautiful city of Copenhagen. We started with a lovely buffet breakfast (including chicken wings and maple sauce) and then enjoyed the sights by joining a free walking tour of the city. Much laughter was had by all!
There are many more tournaments planned for this year, including Berlin in June and Amsterdam in October. Want to join us? Please reach out to the Zurich Netball Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last month we had lots of fun, including introducing blokes to netball, Sarah’s 5-mins of core workouts, and a fierce match against Zug. Here is Zurich and Zug in our post-match glory. Thanks for the great competition ladies!
March promises to be as exciting as February. On the 7th, we’ll follow training with some beers and nibbles at the pub. On the 27th, we’ll play host to the next monthly Zug vs Zurich match. And, of course, for those coming to the Copenhagen tournament, we’ll have lots of training to prepare us for next month’s competition!
Sign up on the doodle to confirm your attendance in March: https://doodle.com/poll/ruiwi3sn44gwipvr
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please contact email@example.com
Hope you’re enjoying the snow! If you’re wondering how to keep warm on your wintry Wednesday evenings, we’ve got you covered. Here’s what ZNC has planned for February:
- 6th Feb Training – Bring a Bloke night! A bit of fun to show the ‘blokes’ how we play the beautiful sport of Netball. We’ll then head into town for an after-training beer or two.
- 13th Feb – School is closed, so no training this night. You’ll have to keep warm some other non-netball way.
- 20th Feb Training – Regular netball training session, with lots of awesome netball.
- 27th Feb Match – Reinstating the monthly matches against Zug. This game will be held in Zug. Who will win the first Zurich vs Zug match of 2019?
Sign up on the doodle to let us know if you’re coming, hope to see you there!
Happy New Year! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas break, and are ready to get right back into Netball!
In 2019 we’ve got lots of Netball coming up. Here’s a quick overview of what’s happening:
- Weekly Training! Wednesday night trainings have started again on the 16th of January. Click here to confirm your availability for the month of January. This year many of the training sessions will be themed, including ‘newbie night’, ‘bring a bloke night’, even fancy dress!
- Monthly Matches! We’ll recommence our end-of-month matches against fierce rivals Zug on the 30th of January. Click here to sign up.
- Tournaments! We have 2 big tournaments lined up so far (but keep an eye out for more to come)
- The 7th of April is the Peppermill Tournament, the Swiss National Competition, to be held in Geneva. It’s been a while since we brought back the trophy, can we do it this year?
- The 13th of April is the Copenhagen Tournament, to be held in, you guessed it, Copenhagen. International competitions are always a great weekend of netball fun, click here to sign up!
- 10 Years! This year will be Zurich Netball Club’s 10 year anniversary! We’ll be celebrating with a very special event.
We’ll keep you updated on these and many more Netball events as they come.
If you’re new and want to come along to a training session, or join in one of the upcoming tournaments, feel free to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be happy to welcome you to our club.
We hope you have enjoyed your summer break, with many warm evenings spent swimming in the lake.
However, now is the time to return back to netball! We hope you are as excited about getting back into training as we are.
Sign up here: https://doodle.com/poll/9ndf4d8wat6efwg6
See you all Wednesday!
After being Head Coach of Zurich Netball for many many years, our beloved Phil is leaving us for the beautiful landscapes of Italy.
Phil has been an integral part of the club and we were so lucky to have her. Not only for her netball and umpiring wisdom, but for her encouragement and motivation for each of us to become better netballers.
Thank you for everything Phil, we wish you all the best.