Hope you’re enjoying the snow! If you’re wondering how to keep warm on your wintry Wednesday evenings, we’ve got you covered. Here’s what ZNC has planned for February:
- 6th Feb Training – Bring a Bloke night! A bit of fun to show the ‘blokes’ how we play the beautiful sport of Netball. We’ll then head into town for an after-training beer or two.
- 13th Feb – School is closed, so no training this night. You’ll have to keep warm some other non-netball way.
- 20th Feb Training – Regular netball training session, with lots of awesome netball.
- 27th Feb Match – Reinstating the monthly matches against Zug. This game will be held in Zug. Who will win the first Zurich vs Zug match of 2019?
Sign up on the doodle to let us know if you’re coming, hope to see you there!
Happy New Year! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas break, and are ready to get right back into Netball!
In 2019 we’ve got lots of Netball coming up. Here’s a quick overview of what’s happening:
- Weekly Training! Wednesday night trainings have started again on the 16th of January. Click here to confirm your availability for the month of January. This year many of the training sessions will be themed, including ‘newbie night’, ‘bring a bloke night’, even fancy dress!
- Monthly Matches! We’ll recommence our end-of-month matches against fierce rivals Zug on the 30th of January. Click here to sign up.
- Tournaments! We have 2 big tournaments lined up so far (but keep an eye out for more to come)
- The 7th of April is the Peppermill Tournament, the Swiss National Competition, to be held in Geneva. It’s been a while since we brought back the trophy, can we do it this year?
- The 13th of April is the Copenhagen Tournament, to be held in, you guessed it, Copenhagen. International competitions are always a great weekend of netball fun, click here to sign up!
- 10 Years! This year will be Zurich Netball Club’s 10 year anniversary! We’ll be celebrating with a very special event.
We’ll keep you updated on these and many more Netball events as they come.
If you’re new and want to come along to a training session, or join in one of the upcoming tournaments, feel free to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be happy to welcome you to our club.
We hope you have enjoyed your summer break, with many warm evenings spent swimming in the lake.
However, now is the time to return back to netball! We hope you are as excited about getting back into training as we are.
Sign up here: https://doodle.com/poll/9ndf4d8wat6efwg6
See you all Wednesday!
After being Head Coach of Zurich Netball for many many years, our beloved Phil is leaving us for the beautiful landscapes of Italy.
Phil has been an integral part of the club and we were so lucky to have her. Not only for her netball and umpiring wisdom, but for her encouragement and motivation for each of us to become better netballers.
Thank you for everything Phil, we wish you all the best.
As the Peppermill is only a month away, last night’s training at Zurich Netball Club was all about Attack and Defence, focusing on perfecting our Throw-Ins.
A great effort in the training drills was seen from everyone, followed by some fantastic match play. We are definitely ready to bring home that trophy. And look how colour-coordinated we were!
Save these dates! Zurich Netball has some great events in 2017 for your diary:
- Netball weekend in Spain
- Together with Netball Zug, we are planning to head to Spain for a weekend of netball from 20-23 October. Netball and sun and fun – what could be better? For more details, or to register your interest, email the club today.
- Peppermill Tournament
- As the most consistently winning-y club in the country, let’s go for another strong performance this year! Put Sunday 26 November in your diary and save the date. Location is Geneva area again. More details to follow.
Hope you’re looking forward to these as much as we are!
The Zurich Netball Committee hopes you have had a lovely Easter break and enjoyed many delicious Swiss Easter Eggs! We are returning on Wednesday 26th of April. As we all know, Netball is a great way to work off those Easter Egg calories. The training will be followed by a social at the Outback.
Please fill in the doodle to let us know if you are joining: http://doodle.com/poll/6g3nfaydpmcebhx2
Hope to see you there!
As per the photos below, much fun was had at last week’s Newbie Night. We had many players returning from years of netball absence, as well as one new player who had never even held a netball!
To follow up, this week we will host a match against our dear rivals, Netball Zug. The match is open to everyone, including newbies. To join in the match play, sign up here: http://doodle.com/poll/8iandzg87p2tct9a
Coach Phil telling us what’s what of Netball
Everyone getting in the perfect position to catch the ball.
Always a good idea to practice catching, throwing, timing, spacing, footwork…
Hungry for the ball!
Where would we be without our umpire/coach Phil?
Training will be held at Inter-Community School Strubenacher 3, Zumikon, 8126 this Wednesday 24 February at 7pm.
Sign up here using the doodle http://doodle.com/poll/7vde9an4azc5ra95
Training will only go ahead if 10 or more players have registered. Please remove your name from the list by 4pm Wednesday if you are unable to make it.
See you there!!
The AGM is your chance to hear what Zurich Netball Club has done over the past year as well as well as a chance for you to put forward your ideas for future club development.
Date: Tuesday 2nd February
Time: AGM will begin at 7pm. Please start to arrive from 6.30pm onwards and do your best to be there to start promptly.
Venue: Toro Bar, Schoeneggstrasse 25, 8004 Zurich
Agenda: AGM 19:00 – 20:00; social from 20:00.
Catering: The club will provide some pitchers of sangria, a non-alcoholic alternative and some tapas. Other drinks and food are available à la carte to buy individually during the evening.
Please register on this doodle to attend the AGM http://doodle.com/poll/zvwpygek7k5vfvz9
For all club members – please fill out this feedback form by Tuesday 26 January
Additional information: Statute Zurich Netball Club Jan 2013, ZURICH NETBALL CLUB AGM AGENDA, AGMminutes2015
New Committee Members Wanted!
A new committee will also be elected at the AGM. Every year, the old committee will stand down, and a new committee will be elected. All club members are encouraged to be nominated to join the committee. You do not need to be an experienced player or have been part of the club for very long – only if you think you have the skill set and spare time to contribute to the club. The types of activities that the ZNC committee are responsible for include;
- Marketing and social media (website, facebook, instagram, events)
- New members
- Weekly training sessions and competitive games with other clubs
- Player, coaching and umpiring development
- and more!
For those who are interested in joining the ZNC committee, please email email@example.com.