Yesterday was the first match of the Zurich Netball Club 2016 Summer League.
In the evening sun our two teams, Sihl and Limmat, fought it out in a very exciting match. Both teams gave it their all, as is evident in the close score!
Q1: SIHL 12 vs LIMMAT 7
Q2: SIHL 12 vs LIMMAT 13
Q3: SIHL 7 vs LIMMAT 14
Q4: SIHL 14 vs LIMMAT 14
Final Score: SIHL 45 vs LIMMAT 48.
Congratulations Limmat! Stay tuned for next week’s Summer League match, to see if Limmat can gain another win or if Sihl will pull ahead. Who will be champions of the Summer League?
Training will be held at Inter-Community School Strubenacher 3, Zumikon, 8126 this Wednesday 24 February at 7pm.
Sign up here using the doodle http://doodle.com/poll/7vde9an4azc5ra95
Training will only go ahead if 10 or more players have registered. Please remove your name from the list by 4pm Wednesday if you are unable to make it.
See you there!!
The AGM is your chance to hear what Zurich Netball Club has done over the past year as well as well as a chance for you to put forward your ideas for future club development.
Date: Tuesday 2nd February
Time: AGM will begin at 7pm. Please start to arrive from 6.30pm onwards and do your best to be there to start promptly.
Venue: Toro Bar, Schoeneggstrasse 25, 8004 Zurich
Agenda: AGM 19:00 – 20:00; social from 20:00.
Catering: The club will provide some pitchers of sangria, a non-alcoholic alternative and some tapas. Other drinks and food are available à la carte to buy individually during the evening.
Please register on this doodle to attend the AGM http://doodle.com/poll/zvwpygek7k5vfvz9
For all club members – please fill out this feedback form by Tuesday 26 January
Additional information: Statute Zurich Netball Club Jan 2013, ZURICH NETBALL CLUB AGM AGENDA, AGMminutes2015
New Committee Members Wanted!
A new committee will also be elected at the AGM. Every year, the old committee will stand down, and a new committee will be elected. All club members are encouraged to be nominated to join the committee. You do not need to be an experienced player or have been part of the club for very long – only if you think you have the skill set and spare time to contribute to the club. The types of activities that the ZNC committee are responsible for include;
- Marketing and social media (website, facebook, instagram, events)
- New members
- Weekly training sessions and competitive games with other clubs
- Player, coaching and umpiring development
- and more!
For those who are interested in joining the ZNC committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Netball is back and ready to go for 2016!
Weekly training will commence from 13 January 2016. We hope to see new and existing members there!
Every Wednesday from 7-9pm
Inter-Community School Zurich, Strubenacher 3, Zumikon, 8126
Subscribe to our mailing list to find out about our training sessions and upcoming matches – email email@example.com
Congratulations to Zurich Netball Club for winning their fourth consecutive Peppermill Tournament and retaining the trophy for another year! A nail biting finish, with the grand final game moving into overtime. Final score against GIN (Geneva) 13-11.
Check out more photos on our facebook page!
The highly anticipated Peppermill Tournament is tomorrow, Sunday 29 November in Geneva (Address: Salle Moillebin, Route de Moillebin 20, 1256 Troinex).
We wish both Zurich netball teams entered into the 2015 Peppermill Tournament best of luck, and look forward to retaining the trophy for a consecutive fourth year! Post your best wishes on our facebook wall!
Photos and competition results will be posted on the website and facebook.
**Update – unfortunately due to low numbers, we have postponed our bootcamp program until the new year. Watch this space for more details on dates in 2016!**
Zurich Netball Club has organised another 10 week bootcamp program with http://www.bootcamper.ch
Who can join: Any Zurich Netball Club member who has paid their membership fees. There are 15 places available. The 16th person to sign up will go on a reserve list.
When: Every Monday night, 2nd November 2015 – 18 January 2016 (no bootcamp on 21 & 28 December 2015)
Where: Schulhaus Münchhalde, Mühlebachstrasse, 8008, Zürich
Cost: CHF125* per person for 10 week course. Single sessions are CHF15 for members, CHF25 for non-members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to attend single sessions only.
How to sign up: Register your interest on this doodle http://doodle.com/poll/a2294nk22wt9fbi6
The first 15 people to sign up will be sent a confirmation email to confirm participation and payment details. Once you have received the email, payment must be made within 72 hours. If you don’t do this within the advised time frame, your place will be offered to the members on the reserve list.
For more information, check out our facebook page for photos from past bootcamp programs, or contact us at email@example.com
*If under 10 people sign up for bootcamp, the cost per person will be increased – this will be advised once final numbers are known.
Peppermill Tournament is Switzerland’s annual national netball competition, where teams from across the country compete in a day of netball.
This year’s tournament is scheduled to take place on Sunday 29th November in Geneva (Address: Salle Moillebin, Route de Moillebin 20, 1256 Troinex).
Zurich Netball Club would like to enter 2-3 teams. To participate, please register your interest via the following link, and come to trials on Wednesday 28th October during our normal training session. Our selection committee will pick graded teams, taking into account a player’s experience, fitness and skill level, commitment, and which player combinations work well together. New members are encouraged to sign up as we would like to enter teams of different levels.
Sign up here
Things to note:
- You should be an active paying club member before the tournament in order to participate.
- Our expectations are that if you sign up, you will make every effort to attend the training sessions in November (11th, 18th, 25th) leading up to the Peppermill tournament.
- If you would like to participate at Peppermill but can’t attend the trial night or most of the training sessions, please email and let us know about your circumstances.
- Anyone who can’t make the tournament, please do try to come to the trial night and training sessions anyway, to make sure we have full sized teams to allow participating players to show off their skills in a proper match setting.
- If you can’t play at Peppermill because of injury or pregnancy but would like to come along and help or support e.g. by umpiring or score keeping, that would also be great! Send us an email and let us know.
Zurich Netball Club are the reigning premiers and have retained the trophy for 3 years. Help us win a fourth Peppermill Tournament!
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring a Friend Night – Wednesday 21 October
- Curious friends and new members welcome!
End of month drinks – Wednesday 28 October
- After training, drinks and a bite to eat at the Outback Bar from 9pm.
Zurich vs Zug games – Wednesday 4th November
- We will be hosting the first in a monthly series of games against Zug. The games will be scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month (subject to school holidays and venue availability) and will be held in Zurich and Zug on an alternating basis
Peppermill Tournament is back!
- Tournament is on Sunday 29th November in Geneva
- Trials will be on 28th October. Zurich Netball Club is hoping to enter 2-3 teams. All ZNC members and players at all levels are welcome to try out and be part of a team
- Peppermill training 11, 29 & 25 November during our usual training sessions
- Sign up sheets will be available soon!
More information on the above will be sent in the weekly emails. If you are not on our mailing list, please register your interest here email@example.com
Zurich Netball Club will be participating at the upcoming Zurich Expat Expo. Come on down to meet some club members, learn about netball and find some information on how to join our friendly club!
Location: Kongresshaus, Claridenstrasse 3, Zurich 8002
When: 11-5pm, Sunday, 6 September 2015
More info: http://www.expat-expo.info/