The highly anticipated Peppermill Tournament is tomorrow, Sunday 29 November in Geneva (Address: Salle Moillebin, Route de Moillebin 20, 1256 Troinex).
We wish both Zurich netball teams entered into the 2015 Peppermill Tournament best of luck, and look forward to retaining the trophy for a consecutive fourth year! Post your best wishes on our facebook wall!
Photos and competition results will be posted on the website and facebook.
**Update – unfortunately due to low numbers, we have postponed our bootcamp program until the new year. Watch this space for more details on dates in 2016!**
Zurich Netball Club has organised another 10 week bootcamp program with http://www.bootcamper.ch
Who can join: Any Zurich Netball Club member who has paid their membership fees. There are 15 places available. The 16th person to sign up will go on a reserve list.
When: Every Monday night, 2nd November 2015 – 18 January 2016 (no bootcamp on 21 & 28 December 2015)
Where: Schulhaus Münchhalde, Mühlebachstrasse, 8008, Zürich
Cost: CHF125* per person for 10 week course. Single sessions are CHF15 for members, CHF25 for non-members. Please contact email@example.com if you want to attend single sessions only.
How to sign up: Register your interest on this doodle http://doodle.com/poll/a2294nk22wt9fbi6
The first 15 people to sign up will be sent a confirmation email to confirm participation and payment details. Once you have received the email, payment must be made within 72 hours. If you don’t do this within the advised time frame, your place will be offered to the members on the reserve list.
For more information, check out our facebook page for photos from past bootcamp programs, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*If under 10 people sign up for bootcamp, the cost per person will be increased – this will be advised once final numbers are known.
Peppermill Tournament is Switzerland’s annual national netball competition, where teams from across the country compete in a day of netball.
This year’s tournament is scheduled to take place on Sunday 29th November in Geneva (Address: Salle Moillebin, Route de Moillebin 20, 1256 Troinex).
Zurich Netball Club would like to enter 2-3 teams. To participate, please register your interest via the following link, and come to trials on Wednesday 28th October during our normal training session. Our selection committee will pick graded teams, taking into account a player’s experience, fitness and skill level, commitment, and which player combinations work well together. New members are encouraged to sign up as we would like to enter teams of different levels.
Sign up here
Things to note:
- You should be an active paying club member before the tournament in order to participate.
- Our expectations are that if you sign up, you will make every effort to attend the training sessions in November (11th, 18th, 25th) leading up to the Peppermill tournament.
- If you would like to participate at Peppermill but can’t attend the trial night or most of the training sessions, please email and let us know about your circumstances.
- Anyone who can’t make the tournament, please do try to come to the trial night and training sessions anyway, to make sure we have full sized teams to allow participating players to show off their skills in a proper match setting.
- If you can’t play at Peppermill because of injury or pregnancy but would like to come along and help or support e.g. by umpiring or score keeping, that would also be great! Send us an email and let us know.
Zurich Netball Club are the reigning premiers and have retained the trophy for 3 years. Help us win a fourth Peppermill Tournament!
For more information email email@example.com
Bring a Friend Night – Wednesday 21 October
- Curious friends and new members welcome!
End of month drinks – Wednesday 28 October
- After training, drinks and a bite to eat at the Outback Bar from 9pm.
Zurich vs Zug games – Wednesday 4th November
- We will be hosting the first in a monthly series of games against Zug. The games will be scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month (subject to school holidays and venue availability) and will be held in Zurich and Zug on an alternating basis
Peppermill Tournament is back!
- Tournament is on Sunday 29th November in Geneva
- Trials will be on 28th October. Zurich Netball Club is hoping to enter 2-3 teams. All ZNC members and players at all levels are welcome to try out and be part of a team
- Peppermill training 11, 29 & 25 November during our usual training sessions
- Sign up sheets will be available soon!
More information on the above will be sent in the weekly emails. If you are not on our mailing list, please register your interest here firstname.lastname@example.org
Zurich Netball Club will be participating at the upcoming Zurich Expat Expo. Come on down to meet some club members, learn about netball and find some information on how to join our friendly club!
Location: Kongresshaus, Claridenstrasse 3, Zurich 8002
When: 11-5pm, Sunday, 6 September 2015
More info: http://www.expat-expo.info/
Congratulations to the proud winners of the 2015 Lion’s League Trophy, the Bernhardiners!!
Due to various factors, the league was reduced to three weeks, with each team having played 4 games. The final league table is as follows;
||Points for half of winning score
All teams were very closely matched and the winning team came down to goal difference. We would like to say a big THANK YOU to all players who participated in the league, especially to those who came all the way from Zug! Thank you for making it a fun and competitive league.
Round three (12 August) – results
1st game – Luchse (17) vs Bernhardiner (16)
2nd game – Bernhardiner (15) vs Steinbocke (16)
Round two (15 July) – results
1st game – Luchse (20) vs Steinbocke (13)
2nd game – Luchse (11) vs Bernhardiner (13)
Round one (8 July) – results
Lion’s League 2015 – details!!
When: every Wednesday night for 6 weeks from 8th July to 12th August.
Where: Inter-Community School Zurich, Strubenacher 3, 8126 Zumikon. We take the S18 from Stadelhofen in Zurich to Waltikon at 18:33. Note – as it is Summer the school is closed, we will be playing on the outside courts.
How: There will be 2 games per night, with 9 minute quarters. The first game will start at 19:10, the second at 19:55. Game clock will start regardless of whether your team is ready to play – so please be on time!
|Steinböcke vs Luchse
||Luchse vs Steinböcke
||Bernhardiner vs Steinböcke
||Steinböcke vs Bernhardiner
||Luchse vs Bernhardiner
||Bernhardiner vs Luchse
|Steinböcke vs Bernhardiner
||Luchse vs Bernhardiner
||Bernhardiner vs Luchse
||Steinböcke vs Luchse
||Luchse vs Steinböcke
||Bernhardiner vs Steinböcke
Teams who are not playing will need to provide scorers, time keepers and 2 x umpires.
- die Steinböcke – Gill, Katie, Lorna, Monica, Naime, Natasha, Tanya, Clare (Zurich), Anne
- die Bernhardiner – Grace, Anna, Clare (Zug), Daana, Rosie, Sarah, Tara, Hayley, Casey
- die Luchse – Afke, Barbara, Christine, Claudia, Vanessa, Helen, Leah, Rabinder
Please contact email@example.com with any questions about the fixtures, team lists or league details!
The Lion’s League is back for the summer! The league will run for six weeks on Wednesday nights from July 8th to August 12th. Players of all levels are welcome to play as teams will be made up of players of mixed abilities to encourage an even tournament. New and seasoned members are welcome to sign up to register your interest – SIGN UP HERE
The league will be a great opportunity to improve your match skills and fitness in a fun team atmosphere!
More information about teams and the league format will follow once we know how many players have signed up.
Please sign up by Tuesday 23rd June, 5pm.
If you have any question, please contact the committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Peppermill Tournament is Switzerland’s annual national netball competition, where teams from across the country compete in a day of netball, for the prize of the Peppermill Trophy (won by our very own Zurich A team for the last few years!). This year’s tournament is scheduled to take place on Saturday 30th May in Zug (more details to follow).
The Zurich Netball Club would like to several teams enter several teams, depending on interest. Trials will take place on 15th and 22nd of April during our normal netball training sessions. Our selection committee will be picking graded teams, taking into account a player’s experience, fitness and skill level, commitment, and which player combinations seem to work well together. If you would like to participate, please sign up using the form below so we can get an idea of how many teams we can put forward and what positions people are interested in. We would also still like you to sign up on the normal weekly doodles for the trial nights and training sessions, as per usual.
Things to note:
- You should be an active paying club member in order to participate in the tournament.
- New club members of all standards are welcome to trial for Peppermill and should sign up in the same way.
- Our expectations are that if you sign up you will attend at least one of the two trial nights, and at least 3 of the 5 training sessions in April/May leading up to the Peppermill tournament.
- If you would like to participate at Peppermill but can’t attend either trial night or a sufficient number of training sessions, please email and let us know about your circumstances.
- Anyone who can’t make the tournament, please do try to come to the trial nights and training sessions anyway, to make sure we have full sized teams and allow trialling players to show off their skills in a proper match setting.
- If you can’t play at Peppermill because of injury or pregnancy but would like to come along and help out e.g by umpiring or score keeping, that would also be great! Send us an email and let us know.
For more information, please send us an email email@example.com
The Zürich squad at Peppermill 2014
As with every year, the old committee will all stand down and a new one will be elected. The 2014 Committee would encourage all members to consider volunteering time to help run the club.
What does the committee do?
- Sends out doodles, update the website, make Facebook posts
- Chooses bars and make large group bookings for social nights
- Liaises with other clubs like Zug to organise regular Saturday games
- Finds and book venues for netball games, and deal with organisational logistics
- Organises umpiring or fitness courses
- Answers emails from potential new members and welcome them to the club
- Chooses teams for leagues or tournaments
If you think you can do any of those tasks, you would make a great committee member!
Additionally, if you:
- Can speak or write decent German and don’t mind phoning people
- Have ideas about how to develop the club in the long term
- In general have excellent organisational skills
you would be a great addition to the team.
You don’t have to sign your life away – most tasks on the list need to be done regularly but don’t take up more than a few hours a month. If you think you don’t have time all year round, but could volunteer to organise one specific activity, you can let us know that too, and what you’d like to do with the support of the rest of the committee. The more people that get involved, the more opportunities the club will have to develop.
Over the last year, we met around once every 4 – 6 weeks and took it in turns to make dinner for each other – all of us have had a lot of fun (and wine) in the process.
If you would like to be on the committee or would like to nominate another member, please let us know in advance of the AGM, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2014 committee is Anna, Sophie, Clare, Claudia, Lara and Afke. Feel free to ask us anything at training if you’ve been thinking about it.
It’s time for the Netball AGM! We will combine it with a social evening at Toro Bar just off Langstrasse.
Date: Thursday 29th January
Location: Toro Bar, Schöneggstrasse 25, 8004 Zürich (off Langstrasse). Bus stop: Zürich, Militär-/Langstrasse
Time: 18.45pm Please do your best to be there to start promptly.
Agenda: AGM from 18:45 – 19:45; social night from 20:00.
Catering: The club will provide sangria, a non-alcoholic alternative and some tapas. Other drinks and food are available à la carte to buy individually during the evening.
What happens at the AGM?
The AGM is the chance to hear what the club has done over the last year as well as the current state of club finances, and so you can share your ideas for future club development. It’s also when we elect a new committee – this is by majority vote by members, so it’s important as many members as possible attend the AGM to lend their full support to the new committee.
- Have a short presentation about what we achieved this year
- Ask members to give ideas about what we can do with the club money that is left over
- Give out prizes for outstanding effort in 2014
- Elect the new committee
At 8pm, we will have a normal social night, with some sangria and Spanish tapas in the very nice surroundings of the bar.
Who should come?
Everyone should come, even if you haven’t been to training recently. We would really like to see as many people as possible, including brand new members who have only been coming for a few weeks and folk we haven’t seen in a while. If you have been thinking about coming back after a break, don’t be embarrassed – we’d love to see you!
Before the AGM, please can all members:
- Read over the Statute Zurich Netball Club Jan 2013, last year’s AGM Minutes 2014 and the agenda and let us know of any amendments
- Fill in the feedback form
- Finally, please fill in the doodle to confirm your attendance so we can organise catering!
Thanks! And see you all soon.
(Afke, Anna, Clare, Claudia, Lara & Sophie)