Happy New Year! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas break, and are ready to get right back into Netball!
In 2019 we’ve got lots of Netball coming up. Here’s a quick overview of what’s happening:
- Weekly Training! Wednesday night trainings have started again on the 16th of January. Click here to confirm your availability for the month of January. This year many of the training sessions will be themed, including ‘newbie night’, ‘bring a bloke night’, even fancy dress!
- Monthly Matches! We’ll recommence our end-of-month matches against fierce rivals Zug on the 30th of January. Click here to sign up.
- Tournaments! We have 2 big tournaments lined up so far (but keep an eye out for more to come)
- The 7th of April is the Peppermill Tournament, the Swiss National Competition, to be held in Geneva. It’s been a while since we brought back the trophy, can we do it this year?
- The 13th of April is the Copenhagen Tournament, to be held in, you guessed it, Copenhagen. International competitions are always a great weekend of netball fun, click here to sign up!
- 10 Years! This year will be Zurich Netball Club’s 10 year anniversary! We’ll be celebrating with a very special event.
We’ll keep you updated on these and many more Netball events as they come.
If you’re new and want to come along to a training session, or join in one of the upcoming tournaments, feel free to reach out to us on email@example.com, we’ll be happy to welcome you to our club.
We hope you have enjoyed your summer break, with many warm evenings spent swimming in the lake.
However, now is the time to return back to netball! We hope you are as excited about getting back into training as we are.
Sign up here: https://doodle.com/poll/9ndf4d8wat6efwg6
See you all Wednesday!
After being Head Coach of Zurich Netball for many many years, our beloved Phil is leaving us for the beautiful landscapes of Italy.
Phil has been an integral part of the club and we were so lucky to have her. Not only for her netball and umpiring wisdom, but for her encouragement and motivation for each of us to become better netballers.
Thank you for everything Phil, we wish you all the best.
As the Peppermill is only a month away, last night’s training at Zurich Netball Club was all about Attack and Defence, focusing on perfecting our Throw-Ins.
A great effort in the training drills was seen from everyone, followed by some fantastic match play. We are definitely ready to bring home that trophy. And look how colour-coordinated we were!
Save these dates! Zurich Netball has some great events in 2017 for your diary:
- Netball weekend in Spain
- Together with Netball Zug, we are planning to head to Spain for a weekend of netball from 20-23 October. Netball and sun and fun – what could be better? For more details, or to register your interest, email the club today.
- Peppermill Tournament
- As the most consistently winning-y club in the country, let’s go for another strong performance this year! Put Sunday 26 November in your diary and save the date. Location is Geneva area again. More details to follow.
Hope you’re looking forward to these as much as we are!
The Zurich Netball Committee hopes you have had a lovely Easter break and enjoyed many delicious Swiss Easter Eggs! We are returning on Wednesday 26th of April. As we all know, Netball is a great way to work off those Easter Egg calories. The training will be followed by a social at the Outback.
Please fill in the doodle to let us know if you are joining: http://doodle.com/poll/6g3nfaydpmcebhx2
Hope to see you there!
As per the photos below, much fun was had at last week’s Newbie Night. We had many players returning from years of netball absence, as well as one new player who had never even held a netball!
To follow up, this week we will host a match against our dear rivals, Netball Zug. The match is open to everyone, including newbies. To join in the match play, sign up here: http://doodle.com/poll/8iandzg87p2tct9a
Coach Phil telling us what’s what of Netball
Everyone getting in the perfect position to catch the ball.
Always a good idea to practice catching, throwing, timing, spacing, footwork…
Hungry for the ball!
Where would we be without our umpire/coach Phil?
As we look forward to spring at Zurich Netball, we would like to encourage new folk to the club. We will therefore be hosting a Netball Beginners and Newbies night next Wednesday 29th March at the usual time of 7 – 8.30pm at ICS Zumikon.
The session will include back-to-basics skills and is open to everyone, whether a returning netball player, new to the game or trying to get back into fitness. Existing members are of course encouraged to come along too, to share their love of netball.
We will follow the training with drinks somewhere around Stadelhofen, venue tbc.
Please sign up on the doodle, and feel free to pass it along to any colleagues or friends who would be interested too – just remember to sign up so the coaches know who to expect.
Any questions, please let us know!
This Sunday is the Peppermill Challenge Tournament, the Annual Swiss Netball Open Championship competition where Netball Clubs from across Switzerland will be competing for the coveted Peppermill Trophy.
Zurich Netball Club are reigning Swiss Champions. Zurich has won the Peppermill Trophy for the last 4 years in a row. Can we make it a 5th?
Be sure to check out the tournament in Geneva on Sunday to support the Zurich team. If previous years are anything to go by, we are sure the final will be a nail-biter!
Swiss Netball Peppermill Challenge Tournament
Sun Nov 27, 2016 10am – 6pm
1256 Troinex; Moillebin et des Sports; Route de Moillebin 20; Salles des Fêtes
Yesterday was the first match of the Zurich Netball Club 2016 Summer League.
In the evening sun our two teams, Sihl and Limmat, fought it out in a very exciting match. Both teams gave it their all, as is evident in the close score!
Q1: SIHL 12 vs LIMMAT 7
Q2: SIHL 12 vs LIMMAT 13
Q3: SIHL 7 vs LIMMAT 14
Q4: SIHL 14 vs LIMMAT 14
Final Score: SIHL 45 vs LIMMAT 48.
Congratulations Limmat! Stay tuned for next week’s Summer League match, to see if Limmat can gain another win or if Sihl will pull ahead. Who will be champions of the Summer League?